Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Some Learning with Joyce Meyers

You all know how I love to focus on one's inner self. Well, today I have some help from Joyce Meyers. Joyce Meyers is a great woman. She loves God, helps people all over the world, I could go on. I receive her news letter in the mail. In it came a little pamphlet on self transformation, having a personality makeover. I'm sure she won't mind if I share this with you. It has three Steps for 4 different areas. I'll go over one area in three steps each day until we're done.

Area 1:Unforgiveness
Step 1: Introspection (looking in)
Think about who has hurt you and that you have not forgiven---be specific. Why have you chosen not to forgive this person?

Step 2: Renovation (beginning work) Practice Being Grateful
What has God forgiven you of? Be specific. How does God's forgiveness make you feel? If you'll have a grateful heart, you'll be able to forgive others. In other words, if you can accept God's forgiveness, forgive yourself, then you'll be able to forgive others. And the better you will feel. Holding grudges only hurts you.

Step 3: Transformation (results) Experience Joy
Imagine being able to enjoy every relationship in life, no matter what has happened to you in the past.

Hope that made you think. I know this was serious talk, but you can't always be a goof!

No comments:

Post a Comment